Who is he
A web designer is a person with an artistic taste and knowledge of Internet technologies who creates Web pages and integrates them into Web sites. The main task of the web-designer is to design an Internet project so that as many users as possible become interested in them.
What are the tasks
The specific task of the web-designer is to be able to develop the style of the project, taking into account the specifics of the Internet. That is, in addition to the design of the project was just stylish, it must meet the standard requirements of the network: graphic elements (logos, banners, drawings, etc.) must be optimized, when choosing colors and fonts, you must take into account the fact That the user will see the graphic embodiment of the project on the monitor, and not on paper. The web designer is responsible for how the Internet site looks and feels. He comes up with logos, banners and other graphic elements, thinks through the site navigation, determines where the text should be placed. The designer needs not only to create an interesting site, but also to take into account the time of its loading. The creation of interactive web sites – aerobatics web-design.
Features of the profession
Web page design is information design, not graphic.
In the process of work, the web-designer solves the following tasks, on which the success of the project being created directly depends in the future:
- definition of goals and objectives of site visitors;
- designing and planning the site structure;
- interface development;
- development of navigation;
- care about user interaction with the system;
- preparation of content and quality control.
Pros and cons of the profession
- constant demand in the labor market,
- work is not limited to one country,
- possibility of remote work,
- wide opportunities for professional growth,
- you can implement almost any idea without cash costs,
- decent wages.
- the discrepancy (sometimes) artistic vision of the customer and the artist, because of which you have to either be convinced of the need for a specific design decision, or agree with the amendments.